CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

iPod, uPod, We All Need 2Pod

I have been having so much fun with my new iPod Nano that Scott and the kids got me. I don't think I've been this excited about a gift in a while. I LOVE music, so this was a perfect gift. Scott thought it would be great since I'm working out now (BTW -I did 3 miles today in 55 minutes, best time yet - so cool to see my body gaining strength). I also got a gift certificate for $50 to iTunes that I used yesterday. It was so much fun downloading songs that I haven't heard in years. I was walking around the house all day with my iPod singing and dancing. It's much more fun to wash dishes and fold laundry when your listening to songs you love! Scott was begging me to stop by the end of the day...something about me not being able to sing on key or something. I don't know, I couldn't really hear what he was saying...I was too busy listening to ???? Free lunch to anyone who can name 5 artist on my iPod. You can't play, Scott. You've already checked it out and disapproved of my tunes.

I received many other nice gifts for my birthday as well. My mom bought me 2 tickets to see Peter Frampton at Billy Bob's in October. I had such a huge crush on him when I was about 11. I had his fold-out album cover hanging on my closet door and I used to sing and dance around to his songs while gazing into his eyes. Sounds very similar to what I did yesterday, just not any gazing. Scott, can I hang a big picture of you on the closet door?

Thanks to everyone for making this year such a memorable one for me. I will never forget it. It feels really good to have such a beautiful family and wonderful friends! During the party, Carey informed me that Scott did basically everything for it. After the party, I mentioned that to him and he said that was very intentional on his part. His reason was that he felt he had let me down in the past and he wanted to make sure that he put all of HIS efforts into doing this for me. I know it was a lot of hard work and lots of lies that you had to keep up with. But it meant a lot to me that you did it. Thanks so much and I can't wait until your 40th. I know exactly what you want and it's not a surprise party. I think I need to start looking for a job now to pay for it, though. Those guided hunts are expensive, but hey, you are absolutely worth it!! Thanks again!

Another thing that made the night a hit was Justin singing a song for me that he wrote. It was amazing to see him perform in front of everyone, he was very nervous. And to hear the words that he wrote just for us!! Moments like that are what make parenting so worth it. I love him dearly ALL OF THE TIME, but we definitely have our moments of hardship. It was extremely nice to hear that some of what Scott and I are trying to teach him and the other kids, is actually seeping in. Justin has such an incredible heart and an amazing talent...I just hope he can always believe that about himself. I'm going to try and post the video of it, if I can. It makes me cry every time I watch it.

I don't have many pictures yet from party because most of them were from disposable cameras. But I'll post a few from the weekend that I have and then post others later. Until next time...


Scott and Cassie brought me the sunflowers w/some pink roses and Justin got me a dozen red roses


After dinner Friday night


Me and Mom


The whole Famn Damily (does anyone remember that party game?)


Cassie had to be a part of the action while Justin was singing to me


And the best for last, me and my baby

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have so much to comment on, that I might as well post on my blog my response to yours...

First and foremost, you may hang a picture of me on your closet door - in fact, I'll pose for the picture in my speedo. Better yet, why don't you just hang ME on your door?

Second...every one of your friends, and some of your enemies, asked me what they could do to help - whether it was get in on the lie, or help decorate, or pick stuff up, or whatever. It was pretty special for me to see how your friends really love you.

Third...thanks for sugar coating my past. The fact of the matter is that I haven't put myself into your birthdays, Christmases, Mother's Days, etc. and I wasn't going to make that mistake for your 40th. You may never get another big party, and I wasn't gonna screw this one up.

Fourth...I love you more than you'll ever know. I'm glad your birthday was everything you wanted it to be.

Fifth...don't stop singing...we've laughed more these last two days at your singing that we have in a long time. You sing, I'll hide. We can handle it.

Love ya.

April said...

My 5 guesses:

Peter Frampton
The Knack (My Sherona)
Aerosmith
Devo
The Bee Gees

ChefMichele said...

Olivia Newton John
Martina McBride
Peter Frampton
Aerosmith
Jimmy Buffet.....
am i close????

Jill's Home Childcare said...

I was so happy for you at the party! Scott did an awesome job. Now I want an ipod for Chirstmas so I can drive my family crazy, too. I bet your number one song is Milkshake by Kelis. It's a terrible song, but I can't get it out of my head!! Here are my picks:

Bon Jovi (everyone loves Bon Jovi)
Peter Frampton (lucky guess)
Journey
Scorpions
The Doors
Def Leppard
Shaun Cassidy

ilovedavid_456 said...

hey i don't really know which ones thay are i only now
kelly clarkson, peter frampton, sticks, and fall out boy thanks,


Marissa

Jill's Home Childcare said...

I thought of some more...
Beastie Boys
Tone Loc
MC Hammer
Bel Biv Devoe
Kansas
Toto
Styx (thanks Marissa)
Night Ranger

Michele Force said...

Gee. I wonder who'd be on RebelJediMom's iPod. She doesn't need one though... she can just listen to the ring tone on her phone.

My guesses:

Peter Frampton
Styx
Olivia Newton John
Def Leopard
VanHalen

If I don't win, can we just go to lunch anyway?!