CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!



Yes, today is my birthday. Those of you who read my blog already know that. But I thought I would talk about it anyway. 40 years ago, my mom was in a hospital giving birth telling the doctors to "just knock her out". We have been through much in those 40 years and I wouldn't change it for anything in the world now. I don't think I've always been able to say that.

I've been reflecting on this birthday more than usual since it is somewhat of a milestone b-day. The more I think about it the more excited and happy I am. Instead of asking myself and God what have I done with the last 40 years, I'm asking what am I going to do for the next 40 years. Knowing full well that it can be anything that I put my mind to doing. I've gained that confidence through my relationship with God, through my family and the awesome friendships that I have. By no means is my life perfect, nor is my marriage or my kids...but what is different is how I look at my life and how I've learned to put my strengths and weaknesses in the hands of my God.

On a lighter note, Scott let me sleep in this morning while he got the kids up, made their lunches and took them all to school. It was really nice just lying in bed while he was doing what I normally do every morning. Thanks, baby!! At WISDOM (my small group) everyone brought goodies to eat (thanks ladies for the yummy food), we had bible study, then we went to Jazen's afterwards for lunch. We had lots of fun - thanks for the quesadillas, Jazen! Then I had the brilliant idea of shoe polishing my car...yes, it was my idea. I had told everyone at group, I was that stinkin' excited about my birthday that I wanted to announce it to everyone..."Hey, I'm 40 today". I even cried talking to God on the way to church about how thankful I was for my life! Anyway, they shoe polished it for me and for the first time in my life, not even as a teen, I got to drive around with my car shoe polished. Pretty goofy, I know, but fun!!

Enjoy some pictures from this afternoon. Until next time...


4 comments:

Sheldon said...

Happy birthday Angie! Did anyone honk at you today. It's nice to hear how excited you are about 40 because I'm knocking on that door and I’m not very excited about it. But your attitude is contagious. By the way I didn’t see any tombstones on your window?

Jazen said...

I am so happy that I got to share the day with you. I had a blast and hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, sweetie. Perhaps you'll have Fridays off from now on.

Thanks for being hot @ 40!!!

:)

Scott

Michele Force said...

Honk! Honk!! You were absolutely beautiful on your birthday, Ang! Inside and out! 40 looks great on you and I only hope I can feel that great when I get there.