CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Changes going on...

Well, I think we all survived the first week of school. Everyone in our family is now attending school. The kids of course, Scott still working on his degree and I decided to go back to school as well. I started attending community college this week and it's been fun! I think I will get much more out of school than I did in the first half of my life. I hated school and never really put a lot of effort into it. I really regret that, too. But someone told me it's never too late to go back. In fact several people told me that when I started contemplating this.

The kids are back in the swing of things and are as busy as ever. Along with school starting for all of them, so has sports and other things. Dylan is back in baseball through Little League, but is going to try out for the high school team this Saturday and also playing drums for the youth church band. Marissa made the volleyball team for her school (which is really competitive) and she is very excited about that. She is also in Accapella Choir, so we'll be attending concerts through out the year as well. Cassie is having her first football game next Saturday that she will be cheering at. I don't think we are going to have to worry about cheerleading anymore after this year. Cassie is not as enthralled with it as Marissa was. She is already saying that she will not do this again. Which is fine by me and Scott. She is still in Scouts and we'll find something different for her to do, maybe drama or dance. She loves doing both. Justin is also signed up for school again and is now a sophomore after 3 years of college. WHOO HOO!! At least we're finally getting somewhere. Scott and I are really proud of him. He is becoming quite the young man with his own apartment and working all the time. He also called me a couple of days ago and told me not to make any plans for next Wednesday. He wanted to take me out for my birthday. Wow, my son is going to take me out...this will be a first and I'm really looking forward to it.

We're off to camp a little this weekend so Scott and Dylan can go dove hunting. It should be fun. We didn't camp all summer and we always have a good time when we do. Hope the weather holds up. Hope the boys aren't disappointed this year. Our freezer has only halibut, we could use something different.

Until next time...

0 comments: