CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Mets Disappoint, But the Beach Does Not

We had our 2nd annual trip to Houston to see the Mets play the Astros and unfortunately the Mets lost not only the game we attended Friday night, but Saturday and Sunday as well. Scott and Marissa were very disappointed. But we still had lots of fun. They did a fireworks show at the end of the game that was fablous!


I made most of us t-shirts before we left...Marissa had one with pictures of David Wright on the front and on the back it said "I already found my Mr. Wright". Cassie had one with the Mets logo and "David Wright's future sister-in-law" and mine said "David Wright's future mother-in-law". Dylan and mom decided to stick with the Texas team and we made them Astros shirts. Scott made them run beside the van every where we went! I did something on this trip that I've never done before in my life...I forgot my luggage. We got about half way to Houston and I asked if anyone got my bag from the bedroom and of course no one did. So we had to make a stop in Conroe at the ever handy Wal-Mart to pick up some necessities for me! I found everything but the bathing suit. They had plenty of bathing suits left, but only if you were a size 4 or a 3x, which I am neither! There's bound to be a good joke there, but I'll be darned if I can think of one.



After the staying in a very nice hotel in downtown Houston and attending the Mets game, we took Scott to the airport for his much awaited trip to Alaska. After dropping him off, we were on our way to Galveston. I managed to find a bathing suit and we hit the beach for the day. Dylan and Marissa surfed the waves either by body or boogie board just about the entire time we were there. The waves were huge on Saturday! Cassie made several friends, buried her legs in the sand and buried mine as well. Mom sat under the umbrella and read her book for most of the time. It was an extremely pleasant day in the sun and believe it or not, no one was sunburned. Made it back to our hotel for some fun in the pool and then out for a late dinner (after trying several restaurants and being told it would be a 2 hour wait).







The next day we got up early and headed to Moody Gardens for the entire day. We were there from 9:45 am until 8:30 pm. We did almost everything there was which included an aquarium, a rain forest, imax 3-d movie about sharks (awesome), ridefilm theatre (not so awesome), 4-d movie (short and fun), nice lunch, waterpark, funny clown show (Aga Boom)...I think the only thing we didn't do is the steam boat ride and golf! It was a fun day. Dylan and Marissa got a little bored here and there, but Cassie loved every minute of it. They definately gear it towards smaller kids, but still fun. The kids swam in the hotel pool again that night, we ordered pizza then all passed out from complete exhaustion. Home the next day to see our beloved and very missed pooches! Mr. Higgins and Tipsy were very happy to see us when we got home. They attacked us upon entering the door and Cassie and I can't wait to do the same to Scott when he comes home this Saturday!

Until next time...

0 comments: