CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 27, 2007

Why can't we just all get along???

Yes, it's been months since my last blog and this one is going to be one to vent! I just don't understand women sometimes. Why is that we feel so threatened, jealous, defensive, judgmental, scarred and resentful towards each other? Why is it that when women come together, such pettiness gets in the way? God meant for us to learn from each other and lift each other up. Imagine our world if women could loose these feelings towards each other. I'm not trying to lump every woman together and say that all of us are terrible towards each other. But I guarantee that each of us have felt those feelings I list towards another woman to one degree or another. Instead of trying to see the other side and understand where they are coming from. Imagine a world if all women could just stop and think before our defenses go up and we start reacting instead of just listening. I stayed away from close female relationships for a very long time due to all of this.

I know we are not all bad and many women in my life now are wonderful and they are Godly and they are very uplifting. But there are still some in my life that I wish I could change the relationship. I cannot walk away from certain ones. As much as I would like to sometimes, that is not possible. For a long time I prayed about a particular relationship and that God would put His hands all over it. And at times it seems that He is answering and at other times, it seems like we are back to square one. I guess one thing I'm learning is that I need to continually pray for this relationship. It's not going anywhere as far as I know, so why not put it on my permanent prayer list? Something else is that I cannot change anyone, I only have control over my actions and mine alone. The more I pray for this relationship, the more my heart softens towards it. It's obvious I have not prayed about it in quite some time. I'm off to spend some quiet time with God about a not so good relationship!

Until next time.....

0 comments: