CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 29, 2007

An Actress I am Not

My last blog was full of negative things that happen between woman sometimes. Well, this one will be about some positives. I'm part of a great team at church, Women's Event Team. We just recently started this for the church and it has been a total blast. I love the women that I'm serving with and we have so much fun when we get together. We are all focused on breaking down the normal barriers for women in the church. Such as not wanting to get involved because they think they are not good enough, smart enough, biblical enough, etc....you get the point. Well, this team is all about helping women lose those negative thoughts and realize that we all have them and that we all feel inferior to one degree or another. And once we realize that we each feel this way, how we can overcome it and allow God to work through our lives like He intended. I truly see amazing things happening with this team, our church and the women involved!

Today we spent 4 hours filming a skit that we are doing for an event Friday night. We are having a potluck dinner and then doing crafts/games/scrapbooking for a few hours. But in between the two, we are showing our skit. Some of this will be shown on screen (what we filmed today) and some of it will be live on stage. I think it is going to be great. We are basically showing women meeting for small group and the crazy things that we allow ourselves to think. For instance, my role is to read something from the bible out of Luke. When I volunteer to do this, you see on video what is going on in my head...."Where is Luke, is it New Testament or Old, why did I volunteer to read, someone else probably knows exactly where this is, they are all going to laugh at me when I can't find this". There is also one done similar to this on prayer and then some other issues that women fear as well. We had such a blast doing this and Scott from the church did great filming us. I know with his editing skills, it will be a work of art. Some of us were much more skilled and at ease with the camera than others. Me being one of the "others". I've done things for the church in the past and they are never easy for me. I do not feel comfortable or natural being filmed. But editing is an amazing tool. I've always ended up looking ok and people will tell me that I looked very comfortable. Let's hope that Scott and his magic editing work wonders on what we filmed today, as well! It's all so worth it!

I'll leave you with the artwork for the t-shirts we designed for our team. They were meant to get people talking and make a strong statement. I think they are working, we've had several women request one.



I'll explain in another blog why we chose to use her. It's really quit interesting.

Until next time.....

1 comments:

ChefMichele said...

Well I am sooooo glad you started to blog again. As I told you when you were here in NY, I feel a bit more connected when I can read about things in yours and Scotts lives. I can relate to so much of what you write about and want you to know I think you are a terrific sister-in-law, mother and wife to my brother. I too have not had very many female relationships, and the ones I do have I have had for many many years. I consider you a good friend and cant wait to come back to Texas to spend more time with you and get to know you even more. Thank you for being you and being a part of my family. Your Sister ( in law ) Michele