CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New Beginnings

Once again, lots of things going on in the Lessard household. School started last week for Scott again, so we are getting back into routine of missing him a couple of nights a week. I used to have a lot of resentment that he made this choice to go back. But we have worked that out and I hope that I can be a huge support to him while he is a student for the next few years.

Cassie started pre-school yesterday at a local church. She loved it and can't wait to go again tomorrow. She will go 2 days a week and she is most excited about having computer lab and Spanish. She is very into learning Spanish right now and can say a couple of words from watching Dora. It will be exciting to watch her learn!

I started working out yesterday. I have to make it public so people can ask me about it! We have a membership at the Rowlett Community Center and I have never used it. So yesterday was my first day of trying to make this a lifelong commitment. I plan to start out going while Cassie is in school and then after I get myself in the habit, increasing that. I have to take baby steps with this because it is something that I do not enjoy doing, but know that it is very needed. So say a prayer for me that I stick with it. I did feel really good afterwards yesterday, but not during.

Also, Justin has already moved back home. He moved to Austin not even 3 weeks ago. I got a phone call Saturday night from him wanting to know if he was allowed to come back. So he is back and trying to figure out what to do with himself. He already got his old job back at Pizza Hut, but he needs more. His girlfriend and him decided they were too young to be living together and to be so serious. She is still in Austin and attending college there. I would love to see him get really serious about his music again, but only he can do that!

We had a new addition to my ladies small group, also. Michele Force had her baby....Maddox Reade Force. Very powerful name! He is just beautiful too! Congrats to the Forces - look forward to seeing him on Friday's.

On the note of small groups, I also received an invitation to join another ladies small group on Wednesday's. It is a group of great ladies and I think I would love to be a part of it. I have been praying about it and thinking about and wondering how I could do both of my groups plus a couples group that Scott and I are in. Well, at church Sunday, I think God answered my prayer. The new series is "Dirty Little Secrets" and this Sunday was on sexual abuse. It was really moving and powerful to me. There is a lady in our church that spoke about her past a little and she is starting a new support group. I really feel that I should be a part of this. Thank God I have dealt with my past through counseling and have a sense of resolution around it. But I feel a very strong urge that I should be a support for others in this area. Isn't that what it's all about? Being able to be there for others.

Like I said, a lot going on in the Lessard household. But that is nothing new. Until next time....

0 comments: