CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 17, 2006

No Husbands, No Kids...No Sleep

What a weekend! It was so much fun to get together with my small group ladies for the weekend without any interruptions. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Park Central and had a great time! I had no idea I could go a weekend without sleep, though.

We started out meeting at the hotel and then Bennigan's for dinner. I finally got to try their monte cristo sandwiches....it was incredible (it was also 2 meals). Then back to the hotel for more food, talking and laughing. Three out of the five of us lasted until 3 a.m. then decided to call it a night. Up at 9:00 for free breakfast and then more discussions sitting under the gazebo while eating omelets and hashbrowns. Back to the room for showers, more talking and more eating. Then finally around 4:00, we decided to have lunch at Freebirds. It was very good, but I recommend not getting the quesadillas...they are too messy. The burritos are all nice and rolled up with tin foil around them that you can later make into a sculpture and put on the wall. Then off to the mall to do some shopping. More laughs and more talking and then a nice smoothie. Then we ended up at Toys R Us looking for a game to play. Something that would make us reveal more "stuff" about us (like we needed a game to do that). We found one and it was greatness! It was so much fun to laugh uncontrollably until there were tears and to just look at each other and crack up for no reason. But there was plenty of reasons to laugh at any given time. Once again it was a late night...I passed out about 5:00 a.m. and there was still a couple up talking! By the next morning free breakfast meant nothing to me, so sleep it was for just a little bit longer while some of the others went down and ate omelets again. Now it's Sunday morning and time to pack up and say our goodbyes....NO, NOT YET. We still had stuff to talk about (if you can believe that) and there was still chocolate left to eat...just a few more hours?

All good things must come to an end, I suppose. It was great fun and I'm very fortunate that I have such a great group of friends. I'm also very fortunate that I have such a loving husband that doesn't mind and understands my need for my friends. Thanks, honey...couldn't have happened without your support!

Michele, Stacey, Carey, Jill and Shari....I love you guys and hope that we can always be so honest with each other and continue to have lots of laughs!!! Hey Stacey, I wound an itty bat!!!!

Until next time....

0 comments: