CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What an Awesome City - Now Back to Reality


We made it back from San Francisco and what a great weekend. Too short, but still great. I'm not much of a traveler and have not been to many places. So it really is incredible to experience something that is so different than Texas. And San Fran is definitely that! We had good weather Saturday (it was supposed to be rainy all day) and we walked and walked and walked the streets. We did a lot of driving too. We went over the Golden Gate Bridge and then drove into Salsalito....what a cool little town. Scott was so sweet, we went in shop after shop looking around. I know that is not his thing to do, but he did it anyway. What a guy! I think my favorite part of the weekend was dinner Saturday. We went somewhere that Scott's boss recommended, The Northern Beach Restaurant. It was Italian and wonderful. I've had Italian in New York and in San Francisco and it is quite different from Texas. Probably more authentic. We had a great time, laughing until we we're crying (at my expense, but hey, it was pretty funny....something to do with taxi's). Maybe the glasses of wine had something to do with it, too.

I think I'm ready to experience some more of the world. I'm tired of letting my fears get in the way of things! That fear being "flying". But the older I get, the less anxious I am about it. So maybe I will end up in Paris or Italy one of these days after all.

Ciao - until next time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WHOO HOO!!!! Get that passport ready baby, 'cause I got miles burning a hole in my pocket!!! Paris, here we come.

Glad you had a good time. Walking into all of those stores, although not my FIRST choice for a good time, was fun bacause I knew you were having fun.

Love ya,

Scott

April said...

I can hardly wait to read your next entry. Isn't it kind of creepy to think of just anyone reading your innermost thoughts?