CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 05, 2008

2008 IS OFF TO A GREAT START

Wow, how time flies when you're having fun!! Or is it just because I'm old and have 4 kids? Either way, it's flying by...I can remember the first New Years Eve that Scott and I spent together in 1999. I was sick with the flu and we watched the ball drop in NY on T.V. while dozing on my couch. That certainly doesn't seem like 8 years ago. Usually we don't do much for New Years Eve, but this year we had some friends over.

The kids played and we talked and ate and watched some guy jump a football field on a motorcycle. Then at 12:00 we went out in the front yard and let the kids set off a bunch of noise makers/poppers. I'm sure my neighbors were loving us at that point. Usually we hear guns going off, but didn't hear any this year over our noise. Anyway, it was fun. The kids all think we should do it every year and make it a tradition to just have a open door on NYE and have whoever wants to come on over! I think I like that idea...my aunt and uncle have gone to the same house for NYE for over 40 years. They started it years ago when their children were small and it has continued on. That sounds really nice to me.

Other notes...Scott is doing fabulous on
his diet competition with his brother and sister. I have worked out with him a couple of times and it felt really good. We have been getting along wonderfully and we haven't killed the kids over the Christmas holiday. They've been great. I am ready for our routine to come back, though and have my computer back and my quite time. But it really has been nice sleeping in and being lazy and all that fun stuff that comes with the holidays!

Higgins is working out really well. The kids love him and he is growing on Scott. He really does have an adorable personality. We had some issues with house training when he first got here, but he seems to have adjusted well. He is dying to play with Tipsy, but she wants nothing to do with him. But she does tolerate him and if she gets tired of his playfulness, she goes and lies in her kennel.

I see lots of positive things happening in 2008, I just feel it in my heart! But like every other year, it will be gone before we know what happened. So go ahead and mark your calendar, the Lessards are having a party on December 31, 2008. And bring a dish to share or game to play!

Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

Jazen said...

We had a blast! Thanks for having us over. Happy New Year!

ChefMichele said...

Well I may have to make it my new tradition to come to Texas for New Years again. I actually missed not being with ya'all this yr. I know I had a blast when I was there the year before. I wont bring a dish though, but I will do all the cooking for your party!!! Welcome back to blogging, you have been missed!