CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Think Pink

That was our day yesterday...everything we did was to get prepared for our first fundraiser for our 3 Day Walk for Breast Cancer. I'm a part of a great team, Footprints of Faith, and we had a blast last night. It a very successful. It was held at a local skating rink and the people working there were incredible!! They not only gave us the proceeds from the entire night, along with each employee donating their time....but the owner matched what we made. Then we had a table that we sold candles, salsa and cookies and we made $210 from that alone (thanks Mom and Lisa)!!! We really couldn't have asked for a more generous group of people. It was a victorious night, and it was a bunch of fun.

The kids had a blast as well. They were not wanting the night to end. Dylan and Marissa had several friends there. As did Cassie, but she wanted to hang with her mom most of the night. So, unfortunately, I did not get to skate like I would have liked to. Still a blast! It was funny to see Marissa and her friends "flirting" with some of Dylan's friends AND THE DJ. Not sure I'm ready for that, but at least they were making me a part of it and coming up and telling me who they thought were cute. I remember those days....

Anyway, one fundraiser down and one more to go. Our garage sale in September. Hopefully it will be successful as well. I've raised $660 so far with not a lot of time to raise the rest....I'd better get my pink tail in gear!!

Enjoy a few pictures from last night.



Our team (minus 2)



Dylan w/friends



Cassie w/friends



Marissa w/friends



Lisa and Mom selling items and taking donations!

Until next time....

1 comments:

April said...

So sorry I had to miss because of karate. I would've loved to have been there. Those are great pictures.